Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hi There,

My name is Karen (you can call me Mrs. Rubbish) and I am married to a wonderful man, and we have one son and one yellow lab, Brody.  I am a full time real estate broker and my husband has just started his own business.  See pic below of the ...fam.



We just sold our very large home and are currently renting while we figure out our next move.   We moved from a huge 6000 sqf. home to a small one level ranch with rustic details that I absolutely love.  I don't miss the big house, in fact, I am having a ball decorating this little home and the change it represents.  I have deemed it the "little big grey house" :).

Why blog? This blog is a way for me to share my passion for decorating on a budget.  I enjoy the challenge and feel that I have finally found my voice.  And while I didn't ask for the turn of events that happened over the last three years, the struggle of finally living within a budget and below my means has restored my soul, my faith, and the belief that beautiful design does not have to be expensive.   The words that most resonate with me these days is


I now spend my days scouring flea markets, thrift stores, and antique booths looking for items that I can add my personal touch to.  I love reading designer magazines and then recreating those very looks for a fraction of the costs.  There is nothing I enjoy better than reading all of your wonderful blogs and feeling again as if I am home.


My hope is to become part of this wonderful organic community, and share some of my insight and ideas in the process.


Thanks for having me!
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails