Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My Frame of Mind



My current obsession with frame groupings goes way beyond just empty frames.  I love framed mirrors, framed vintage prints, framed silhouettes, ....you get the idea....I love them all.   

This post however is about the beauty of empty frames and how quickly they can take a boring wall and from drab to fab.   Take for instance these beauties....



Classically Amber







There is nothing more simple than taking a few vintage frames and pairing them with vintage mirrors or vintage prints for a beautiful complex effect yet still keeping the look fresh and modern.

To create a slightly more formal yet simple look, try grouping a variety of mix matched frames with different textures, all painted in the same color.  From gold to glossy white, these monochrome beauties are all the rage.



These are perfect for a nursery or child's room.

Please let me know if this is your photo and I will immediately credit you...:)
I hope you find these photos as inspiring as I have.  I have more examples of handpainted vintage frames in my Etsy shop.

xoxo,

1 comment:

  1. I looooooove empty frames too! I have 3 going up my staircase! and I'm always on the hunt for more! Your pictures just gave me the inspiration I needed to get back at it and add some more!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails